Friday, January 13, 2017

Post #3 - Today's Pits and Cherries


Score - Cherries 6: Pits 4
I have had a day full of pits and cherries and it’s not even lunchtime yet. Let me tell you about it! πŸ˜ƒ 
I woke up early this morning to deliver an application to one of the nursing schools. I dressed up in black pants and a pretty top and wore waterproof shoes so I wouldn’t end up with wet feet because of the recent rain. 
I had time for breakfast and some House and Garden channel before I left.

Pit 1:
As I was getting to my car with my travel mug of tea, my application packet slipped out of my hands and right into the water at my feet! I just stood there for several seconds looking at the pages soak up the water. *sigh*
With a slow breath, in and out, I gathered up the pages and took them back into the house. I spread them out and took stock of their condition. 
I will have to print out everything again, re-fill out the application itself, and talk to my current employer on Monday about signing a new copy of the letter that proves I have been employed while completing my prerequisite classes.

Cherry 1:
Not to be deterred from having a productive day I made a phone call to be sure the hospital internship office was open so I could pick up a certificate I earned for my Patient and Customer Focused service. 
I had received an email earlier in the week, but this was my first chance to get over there.

Pit 2:
The office wasn’t open yet. Since i got up early, I had planned to drop off my application first and then stop by the intern office. It was still too early for them to be open. Pretty frustrating!

Cherry 2:
I told myself yesterday I would go to the gym for an energetic workout today. Now because my plans for the morning changed, I exchanged my dressy clothes for workout clothes and headed over to the gym. 
My workout was great! I got my heart pumping and the music I listened to was super motivating, both for my exercise time and to power me thru the rest of the day. πŸ˜ƒ

Cherry 3:
After the gym I called the internship office and found out they were open. With a smile on my face, I changed back into my clothes from before and drove over to pick up my certificate. I got a chance to have a great conversation with the lady at the front desk. She and I have worked together before and it was fun to see her again after so long.

Pit 3: 
As she handed me the certificate, she asked me a question about it and we quickly discovered there was an error on the certificate. I would need to come back again in a few days to pick up the corrected one! 

Cherry 4: 
Just before I left, another woman in the office came forward to ask the other lady if she had a screw driver. With a laugh the lady said, “No.” 
I opened my purse and pulled out my pink pocket multi-tool. A really good friend of mine gave it to me a few years ago. This made us all smile.  It was just the right size for what the woman needed. πŸ˜ƒ It’s so much fun to be able to help, even in the small ways! 
Thanks for the pocket multi-tool, my friend!

Next I stopped by my local community college to get some help with printing my unofficial transcript. 
Yes, I did say unofficial transcript. At home, I can look at it on the screen, but it won’t print correctly. It either prints tiny or with the information running off the page. 

Pit 4:
So at the counseling office, I asked the scheduler, at the desk out front, about getting the unofficial transcript printed. She said she would print it for me and we used her computer. However, she got the same results I got at home. 
Crazy, don’t you think! That I can’t print my own unofficial transcript! πŸ˜ƒ

Cherry 5: 
After waiting for one of the counselors to finish his meeting, the scheduler asked him to help us. The counselor was able to print my unofficial transcript just fine. 
Now, why do you think the counselor was the only one who could do that? πŸ˜‰ 

Cherry 6: 
On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store and while I was there I saw another woman I haven’t seen in a really long time. It was so great to see her! We talked for several minutes and caught up. 
Who knows if I would have seen her at all if the rest of my morning had gone the way I thought it was going to when I got up early. I wouldn’t have wanted to miss seeing her.

The days not over yet, but I say it’s a great sign that I have more cherries than pits! πŸ˜ƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...